Current vacancies at Kendall Accountancy Services
Accounts Assistant (Payroll and Bookkeeping)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Accounts Assistant, to join our friendly, modern and growing Chartered Accountancy firm. The main purpose of this role is to work in the team to ensure the effective running of the firm and provide a high standard of payroll and bookkeeping services to our clients. This will be an interesting and diverse role for an individual with some
experience that is now looking to take on greater responsibilities.
• Personal tax work
• Completion of VAT returns
• Processing payroll from start to end using BrightPay software
(weekly and monthly, for a wide variety of clients)
• Managing employee issues e.g. sickness, holidays, SMP, SPP,
living wage, P45’s, holiday pay, overtime, expenses etc.
• Administering auto-enrolment pension schemes
• Carrying out payroll year-end procedures and issuing P60’s
• Manage, organise and update data using various software
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ideally qualified to AAT Level 4 with a minimum of 2 years experience in a practice environment or industry OR we are happy to hear from those qualified by experience in practice or industry
- Experience in using cloud accounting software e.g. Xero, Quickbooks, SageOne
- Experience of completing VAT returns
- Experience in completing clients’ payrolls, with good working knowledge of both NMW and auto-enrolment.
- It is also desirable for the candidate to have experience in preparing personal tax returns, although full training would be given
- A polite, friendly, professional manner
- A genuine enthusiasm and “can-do” attitude
- Problem-solving abilities and able to work under own-initiative
- Able to manage and prioritise own workload
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Driving licence and access to own car preferred, due to needing to visit clients in the local area (travel expenses paid)
We are committed to investing in our team and the successful individual will receive:
• All of the in-house training required for the role
• Up-to-date equipment and the latest accounting
• Cloud accounting training and certifications
Based in our office in Cottingham this is a permanent, full-time position working 37.5 hours per week: Monday- Thursday 8.30-17.00, Friday 8.00-16.00
Salary: Dependent on experience and to be negotiated with the successful candidate
For further details, or to apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Kendall Accountancy Services is an "Authorised Training Employer" of the ICAEW, and as such we are registered to train Chartered Accountants.
Kendall Accountancy Services is an "Accredited Employer" with the AAT, meaning that we are able to train Accounting Technicians.