Current vacancies at Kendall Accountancy Services
We are seeking an experienced Accountant or Accounts Assistant to develop into a Client Manager to manage their own portfolio of clients. We have a number of Trainee Accountants and are looking for an experienced team member to help oversee their day to day support, training and management.
This role is ideal for someone who has a background in Practice, either current or someone who made a move to industry but wishes to return to Practice.
Purpose of the role:
The main purpose of the role is to provide professional advice and exceptional service to our clients. You will also have significant involvement in preparing and reviewing draft accounts, payroll, tax returns and VAT returns, as well as reviewing those prepared by the trainee accountants within the team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Servicing a portfolio of clients
· Tracking job progress and monitoring deadlines
· Preparation of accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
· Preparation of self assessment tax returns
· Preparation of CIS & VAT returns
· Preparation of weekly and monthly payroll
· Building a positive working relationship with clients and the practice
· Ensure compliance with all financial regulations
· Use of computer software including Taxfiler, Sage, Xero and Quickbooks
· Quality control - Ensuring work is completed to a high standard and on time
· Dealing with any client queries in a timely and efficient manner
· Assisting colleagues and trainees within the team with development and technical advice
. Communicating with clients and delegating tasks where appropriate
. An experienced accountant or accounts assistant, qualified either by practice experience or qualifications including ACA, ACCA, CIMA and AAT
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and able to successfully communicate with people at all levels, in both financial and non-financial terms
· Excellent reporting skills
· Confidently able to offer recommendations and advice to our clients.
· Demonstrable experience and a proven track record in a similar role
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
· Competitive salary
· 28 days paid holiday – inclusive of Bank Holidays and the Christmas Closure (pro-rata for part-time working)
· Pension scheme
· Flexible working
· Modern and friendly working environment
· Team building and work events
. Hybrid working opportunities (to suit the needs of the business and the individual)
. Financial support and mentoring for further study and qualifications for those wishing to do so and to be discussed at interview
Anticipated hours: 21 – 37.5 per week.
We are very happy to be flexible in terms of working hours to suit the individual’s needs e.g. school hours or part-time days.
Informal enquiries are very much welcomed, please either telephone on 01482 968068 or email email@example.com. To apply please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kendall Accountancy Services is an "Authorised Training Employer" of the ICAEW, and as such we are registered to train Chartered Accountants.
Kendall Accountancy Services is an "Accredited Employer" with the AAT, meaning that we are able to train Accounting Technicians.